Sponsored by Wild PR, Why I Love Huddersfield is a month in which we ask key figures from Huddersfield what the city means to them. Here we talk to Huddersfield Town legend and local hero Andy BOOTH.
1. Tell us something about you that we don’t know?
I am a dancer! When I’m not playing football on weekends, I travel around the country to watch my daughter dance. I am also the president of Bower Hall Cricket Club, where I have played and watched cricket in the summer for the past 48 years.
2. What does Huddersfield mean to you?
I was born here, my family was born here, my wife and children were born here. As many of you know, I used to play for Huddersfield and now work with the club and the community. So Huddersfield has been and will always be an important part of my life.
3. How would you describe Huddersfield to a stranger?
Wherever you stay in Huddersfield, you’re just a 10-minute drive from some of the country’s most beautiful countryside.
4. We invite you to Huddersfield for dinner. Where are you going and why?
Please 3 hectares! This is my favorite restaurant.
5. Huddersfield’s project will transform the city center within the next 5 to 10 years. Want to see downtown?
I know there’s been some work done over the last few years, but I love all the old buildings around St George’s Square and I think if there’s a cafe, entertainment, outdoor seating, then it will be a great place when you leave this place. train station.
6. Would you like to revisit Huddersfield’s top attractions, nightclubs or attractions?
Definitely Johnny’s nightclub. No need to explain why, because everyone who visits knows why Johnny is back. I spent hours at karaoke pretending to be Elton John singing crocodile rock!
7. Sure, we all love Jodie Whittaker, but who’s your favorite Doctor Who character?
Jodie Whittaker – I have to support the Skelmanthorpe girl.
8. How has the time off and the Covid-19 pandemic changed you?
I spend most of my time in the park sunbathing and drinking Aperol Spritz! I’ve never been to Marsden or Sleathwaite but have found some great places to walk and a nice cafe/bar. Don’t even get me started with Uppermill because I spend a lot of my free time!
9. We will take you to a deserted island for a month. What will you bring and why?
Radio because I lost to cricket. I can (and can) spend all day listening to the special match test. You are doing well.
1. Dixon’s Ice Cream Shop or Marston’s Chicken Shop? Dixon
2. Greenhead Park or Beaumont Park? Greenhead Park – I spent every summer there as a kid.
3. TV Mast Castle Hill or Emley Moore? Castle Hill overlooks the beloved Cricket Club Lobby!
4. Should I go to the prom or am I a star, get me out of here? good question! Anyone who knows me will know that I love reality shows and running home after home games for a serious launch party, but I have to say I’m famous!